6 Star Red Wine & Shallot Sauce for Beef.
You can have 6 Star Red Wine & Shallot Sauce for Beef using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 6 Star Red Wine & Shallot Sauce for Beef
- It’s 250 gr of Shallots – I use red onions as really difficult (and expensive to get shallots here).
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of garlic clove, lightly crushed.
- Prepare sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (Cheap stuff – its more sweet).
- It’s 400 ml of red wine (Cheaper is sometimes best).
- It’s 400 ml of beef stock (I use 2 Stock cubes dissolved in Boiling Water).
- It’s 1 Tbls of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 100 Gr of butter.
6 Star Red Wine & Shallot Sauce for Beef step by step
- Fry 250g Onion or shallots in a frying pan with 4 tbsp olive oil over a high heat for about 3 mins until lightly browned, stirring often. Season with ground black pepper and add 1 lightly crushed garlic clove and a sprig of rosemary. Cook for another 3 minutes stirring so it doesn't burn..
- Pour in 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar and cook until evaporated away to a syrup, then pour in 400ml red wine and cook until reduced by two thirds Then Pour in 400ml beef or brown chicken stock and bring to the boil. Again let reduced by two thirds. Remove the Rosemary and Garlic..
- Add the juices from the cooked meat (it alot then simmer until reduced again). Taste and Add Salt if needed..
- Now the Fancy Part you can quickly Blitz with a Stand Blender or keep the Onions more in Pieces. Then Add the butter DO NOT stir – Chefs trick is the swirl the pan slightly until the Butter disappears – this make little droplets of butter within the sauce – SOOOOOOOOOOOO luxurious..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…