You can have Lamb Tagine using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb Tagine
- You need 115 g of dried apricots.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 kg of shoulder of lamb cubed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground human.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of grated rind and juice of half an orange.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of saffron strands (expensive but well worth it in this dish).
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground almonds.
- Prepare 300 mL of chicken stock – if you have lamb stock that is better.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of fresh parsley to garnish.
Lamb Tagine instructions
- Cut the apricots in half and put in a bowl with 150 mL of water, leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to hundred and 80°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole at the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft and golden.
- Stir in the lamb then add human, coriander and the cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to coat the lamb cubes in the spices then cook stirring for at least 5 minutes.
- At the apricots and there soaking liquid.
- Stir in the orange rind and the juice, saffron, ground almonds and enough stock to cover completely.
- Cover the casserole and cook in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally and adding extra stock if needed.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan, at the sesame seeds and dry fry shaking the pan until golden – do not burn or else you will get a bitter taste.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the meat and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with the couscous.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…