Royal Victoria Sponge.
You can have Royal Victoria Sponge using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Royal Victoria Sponge
- It’s of Cake.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of caster sugar.
- You need of SR flour.
- Prepare of softened unsalted butter.
- Prepare of vanilla essence.
- It’s of jam (raspberry or strawberry).
- You need of Frosting.
- You need of softened unsalted butter.
- It’s of seived icing sugar.
- You need of vanilla essence.
Royal Victoria Sponge instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Grease and line an 8-inch cake tin.
- Cream the caster sugar vanilla essence and softened unsalted butter until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and little at a time to avoid the mixture curdling.
- Sieve the flour and carefully mix into the mixture.
- Put the cake mix into the Cake tin and smooth. Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes until the cake appears golden brown.
- Use a skewer to check that the cake is done. Take the cake out of the Cake tin and allow to cool on a rack..
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together with the vanilla essence to make the frosting.
- When the cake is cooled sliced in half round the equator using a bread knife..
- Spread a layer of jam and frosting in the middle, and layer the other half of the frosting on top and assemble the sponge..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…