Royal Icing (for decorating cookies).
You can have Royal Icing (for decorating cookies) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Royal Icing (for decorating cookies)
- It’s 7-1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 5 tbs of meringue powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of vanilla (or DROPS of Lor'Anns flavoring-NO OIL).
- You need 1 TSP of white food coloring (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cups of water- and 1/4 cups water.
- You need 1/4 cups of corn syrup.
Royal Icing (for decorating cookies) step by step
- Begin by stirring your extract/flavoring and food color into 1/4 cup water, add meringue powder and mix until frothy..
- In a MIXER, add syrup add the powdered sugar, it will be very hard to mix by hand(my first try I didn't use a mixer, and I kept having to rest my arm, this stuff is thick!).
- Add the remaining water, and whip until soft peaks form..
- Divide and add color, for thinner consistency add water-in TBS(for flooding) For thicker consistency add powdered sugar..
- Note: no oil in any color/flavor can go in the icing(add it to the dough if need be, NOT the icing) Note:cookie recipe listed seperately. Note:let the cookies air out, don't want butter bleed..
- Note: paddle attachment is best to use.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…