Red wine beef short ribs – slow cooked.
You can have Red wine beef short ribs – slow cooked using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red wine beef short ribs – slow cooked
- You need 700 g of beef short ribs.
- It’s 500 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare 500 ml of full body wine (Merlot or Cabernet but nothing expensive).
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks.
- You need 3 of garlic gloves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil for cooking.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- Prepare 3/4 of bay leaves.
- You need 50-70 g of tomato purée.
Red wine beef short ribs – slow cooked instructions
- Pre-heat the oven on around 150°C. Prepared the beef stock as well in 500 ml of water and leave on the side.
- Start by chopping the onions and the garlic onion and celery quite thin.
- In a cast-iron or ovenproof pan put some oil and on the high heat braise the beef until golden on all sides. When done remove from the pan.
- In the same pan leaving the meat juice add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until soft. Now add the carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato purée cook for a couple of minutes. Now add the beef stock and the wine add the meat back into the pot and ensure that the meat is fully submerged by the liquid. Add the bay leaves in thyme..
- Transfer the pot into the oven and cook for about 2.5 hours or until the meat falls of the bone.
- Serve hot with rice or mash potatoes.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…