Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie.
You can cook Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, skin on and roughly chopped.
- It’s 3 of carrots, roughly chopped.
- You need 1.5 inch of ginger root, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 inch of tumeric root, peeled and chopped *I recommend you use a surface that does not stain for this, because tumeric will leave everything orange and yellow, including your fingers.*.
- Prepare 1 dash of freshly ground black pepper (for tumeric absorption).
- Prepare 1 of baby bok choy, chopped (or 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of avocado, scooped out, throw away the pit.
- Prepare 1 of orange, peeled and sections separated.
- Prepare 1 cup of spinach/kale/carrot greens or whatever dark leafy greens you have. However, I learned the hard way not to use arugula, because it makes the smoothie taste like lawn clippings.
- You need 1 cup of any fresh berries (I used blueberries for this one.).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of flax seed oil/walnut oil.
- You need 2 cups of filtered water, or more as needed for consistency.
- It’s 1 of large and mighty blender in which to cram it all. It doesn't have to be an expensive one, just big enough to hold all of this, even if you have to hold the lid down.
Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie step by step
- In the order which the ingredients are listed above, cram it all into the blender and start it at its lowest setting to pulverize the heartier ingredients at the bottom. If you have to hold the lid down (as I have on occasion), this will help the contents go down so you can secure the lid and let go..
- After 2 minutes turn it up to its highest setting and let the whole thing puree for 3-5 more minutes..
- If it's too thick, add more filtered water and puree..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…