Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake.
You can cook Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake
- It’s 2 cup of AP flour or Cake Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder(I Used Hershey).
- It’s 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1-2 oz of red or blue food coloring(I used Royal Blue food gel).
- You need 1 tsp of white distilled vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot plain coffee**Optional**.
Dark Royal Blue Velvet Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil..
- Mix in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and red or blue food coloring until combined..
- Stir in the coffee and vinegar.
- Combine the wet ingredients w/the dry ingredients a little at a time, just until combined..
- Grease and flour 2 round 9-inch pans w/butter, shortening or flour.
- Pour batter evenly & bake for 30-40 minutes on the middle rack until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Allow pans to cool on a cooling rack for 30-45 minutes, once slightly cool, slide a knife around the inside to loosen the cake out of the pan..
- Remove cakes from pans and allow them to cool completely!.
- Frost and decorate cakes to your liking!!.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…