Cheaper Option for Carbonara.
You can have Cheaper Option for Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheaper Option for Carbonara
- You need half of a pack of spaghetti.
- It’s of bacon.
- Prepare of button mushrooms.
- Prepare of Cheese (Pecorino Cheese is better but more expensive).
- You need 1-2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need of garlic (optional).
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- You need 20 ml of Milk (optional).
Cheaper Option for Carbonara instructions
- Ingredients these are a cheaper version of making a good carbonara since if classic ones the ham, cheese gonna cost abit. So i just Kraft Cheese or Parmesan. As for meat I just use bacon for a cheaper option..
- Boil a pot of water with oil and a spoon of salt. Twist the spaghetti and place in pot. twisting it will help separate it while cooking. Cook for 9 to 11mins..
- Pan Med High Heat, add oil then bacon and onions and stir for a few mins. Avoid burning. Add a spoon of chopped garlic stir for a min. Then add in mushrooms and stir for a few mins and wait for the spaghetti to cook..
- When Spaghetti is done switch off the heat of the pan then quickly throw the pasta into the pan together with the cheese and eggs with milk and mix well. Add around 30ml of hot water from the spaghetti pot and keep mixing until the cheese starts to melt to get a creamy texture..
- Now add a generous amount of black pepper and half a tsp of salt to taste. Mix well, taste test and see if you want a more hotter flavour from pepper etc. Serve Hot! Done!.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…