Vickys Royal Icing for Cookies – No Egg GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Royal Icing for Cookies – No Egg GF DF EF SF NF using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Royal Icing for Cookies – No Egg GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- You need of milk of choice – I use light coconut milk.
- It’s of clear corn syrup or golden syrup.
- It’s of almond extract or clear vanilla extract.
- It’s of gel food colouring of choice.
Vickys Royal Icing for Cookies – No Egg GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together slowly until incorporated. It should be thick enough to hold a soft peak.
- The icing needs to be quite thick to do your initial cookie outlines. These will stop the rest of the icing flowing over the edge of your cookies. Put this mixture into a piping bag and go around all of your outlines with it. Let it set for a few minutes.
- Add a touch more syrup and milk to the rest of the icing to thin it so it's a bit thinner but not too runny. Add 1 tsp of each at a time but no more than 3 tsp of each.
- Now pipe or spoon this thinner icing into your cookie centres, tip it gently around and use a toothpick to encourage it into all the nooks you need to fill.
- Set aside for a few hours until set, between 3 – 5 is the usual time for my icing.
- Now it's rock hard and you can use an edible pen on the icing or pipe embellishments in different coloured icing on top!.
- This recipe makes around 130g / 1 cup of royal icing which is enough to ice 16 – 18 x 3" sized cookies.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…