Light Asparagus Salad.
You can have Light Asparagus Salad using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Light Asparagus Salad
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of (c.250g) Jersey Royal new potatoes.
- Prepare of asparagus tips.
- You need of mayonnaise.
- You need of crème fraîche.
- You need of cloves, garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s of capers.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- You need of spring onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare of celery, finely chopped.
- You need of chives, finely chopped.
Light Asparagus Salad instructions
- Hard boil the eggs and chop in half lengthwise..
- Boil the potatoes in lightly-salted water..
- Remove, cut into halves or bite-sized chunks and set aside..
- Bend the asparagus and snap off the tough bottom end (retain for soups if wished) and blanch in boiling water for 30-40 seconds maximum. You can reuse the potato water..
- Place the asparagus ice-cold water and cut in half, again lengthways..
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, garlic and capers. Then taste and season but note only minimal salt may be needed..
- Add the potatoes and ensure that they’re coated by the mixture, then gently mix in the spring onions and celery and place half on each eating plate..
- Add the eggs and asparagus, half to each plate, and lightly sprinkle the chives over all..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…