Vickys Christmas Pudding Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Christmas Pudding Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Pudding Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of gluten-free / plain flour (2 & 3/4 cups).
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need of cocoa powder (3/4 cups).
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine block (1 cup).
- Prepare of granulated sugar (1 & 3/4 cups).
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of light coconut milk, extra if required (1/3 cup).
- Prepare of my Royal Icing from my previously posted recipe.
- Prepare of Green and red ready roll fondant icing.
Vickys Christmas Pudding Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Whisk the flour, xanthan gum if using, cocoa powder and baking soda together.
- Cut in the butter to form a breadcrumb mixture then mix in the sugar.
- Add the vanilla and enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Wrap and let chill in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Let the dough rest out of the fridge for 20 minutes then flour a surface and roll out to around 5mm thick.
- Cut out the cookie shapes using a 2.5 cm cutter. Place back on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Re-roll scraps and repeat. Put back into the fridge for 20 minutes to chill again. This will stop the shapes spreading when baked.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F.
- Bake the cookies for 12 – 16 minutes or until the center of the cookie no longer looks wet and they've risen slightly.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Follow my Royal Icing recipe to make the thick cookie glaze. Ice as shown. Cut some holly leaves from some green ready roll icing and roll some berries from some red to complete the topping decoration.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…