Navratan korma. Navratan Korma is a delicious mixed vegetable curry dish loaded with veggies, nuts and fruits. This recipe for Instant Pot Navratan Korma provides Step By Step recipe along with video instructions to. This delicious Mughlai dish gets its name Navratan (meaning nine gems) from the nine different veggies, fruit and nuts used in it!
Navratan korma is easy to adapt. Navratan korma literally translates to nine jewels korma. Nav means nine and ratan means gems or jewels. You can have Navratan korma using 38 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Navratan korma
- Prepare of peeled and chopped carrot.
- You need of peas.
- It’s of chopped potato.
- It’s of chopped green beans.
- Prepare of chopped cauliflower.
- Prepare of paneer cubes.
- It’s of sliced onion.
- You need of green chilli.
- It’s of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of fresh curd.
- You need of fresh cream.
- It’s of garam masala powder.
- It’s of turmeric powder.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of ghee.
- Prepare of For royal paste.
- You need of poppy seeds.
- Prepare of almonds.
- It’s of cashews.
- You need of melon seeds.
- It’s of water for grinding paste.
- You need of Whole masalas for navratan korma.
- Prepare of green cardamom.
- It’s of black cardamom.
- Prepare of lavang.
- Prepare of cinnamon stick.
- You need of bay leaf.
- You need of mace (javitri).
- You need of For garnishing.
- It’s of ghee.
- It’s of almonds blanched and peeled.
- It’s of pistachios.
- It’s of cashews.
- You need of walnuts halves.
- You need of raisins.
- Prepare of chopped pinapple.
- Prepare of melon seeds.
- You need of saffron strands.
There is another vegetable korma recipe that I use at home which I really like but it's not quite perfect. Easy and tasty recipe for Navratan Korma or Navaratna Kurma. I love kurmas (or kormas, for those A bit about Navratna Korma although I don't usually like doing yada yada (get to the recipe already. Navratan korma is a rich luxurious curry dish made with mixed vegetables and lot of dry fruits.
Navratan korma step by step
- Paste for navratan korma – soak all the dry fruits and seeds in hot water for 30-40min.(2)peel the almonds and add in a grinding jar (3) drain the remaining nuts seeds mixture and also add in grinding jar. Add 1/4 cup water and make a smooth paste add more water if required..
- Heat ghee in a deep pan or handi add all the whole garam masala mentioned above and fry till they crackle and become aromat..
- Add sliced onion and saute till they turn golden. Now add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away..
- Now add royal paste and curd,mix well. Then add turmeric and red chilli powder stir again. Stir and saute for 3-4min on low flame. Do stir often so that the mixture does not stuck to the bottom of pan..
- Then add the mix veggies and stir.now add 1cup water and salt. Mix very well. Cover and simmer the veggies till they are cooked.
- Once the veggies are cooked add cream and mix well. Switch off the flame. Sprinkle garam masala powder mix cover and keep aside..
- Garnishing navratan korma – (1) heat 1tablespoon ghee in a small pan.add 6-7blanched almonds. Saute almonds till they turn pale golden..
- Now take almonds one side of pan and add 10pishtachios,10cashwes, 10walnuts and saute till cashews turn light golden..
- Now add raisins and melon seeds saute for some sec then add pinapple cubed and saute for a min. Now add 1tspoon ginger juliens and a pinch of saffron strands. Saute for half a min. Keep the garnishing aside..
- While serving garnish the korma sauteed garnishing. Add garnishing just before serving..
All in all this shahi navratan korma is a dish to be thoroughly enjoyed on festive occasions like Diwali or Holi. Navratan Korma is a delicious and a very popular Mughlai dish. Today we will learn how to make Navratan Korma (white gravy) following this very easy recipe. Korma or qorma is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent, consisting of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and spices to produce a thick sauce or gravy. Vegetable Korma is a delicious combination of several vegetables in a creamy sauce.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…