Jollof rice with fried plantain. Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Serve with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. For the rice, heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onions over a gentle heat until translucent.
This traditional Nigerian dish brings out the best possible flavor of rice and chicken. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base. For the fried plantains: Fill a medium straight-sided skillet halfway full with oil. You can cook Jollof rice with fried plantain using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with fried plantain
- It’s 2 cups of Rice.
- Prepare 1 of Ripe plantain.
- It’s Handful of Green peas.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 2 of Carrots.
- You need 5 pieces of Chicken.
- It’s of Veg oil.
- Prepare 2 sachets of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 of Onion.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Curry.
- You need 1 of teased Royal spice.
To serve: Spoon the jollof rice into a large serving bowl and top with fried sweet plantains and extra red sauce. Jollof rice is a household staple, often accompanied by fried plantain. Remove fried plantain to a bowl lined with kitchen paper to drain. Season with sea salt and shake.
Jollof rice with fried plantain step by step
- Dice the plantain fry in vegetable oil.select oit and place in the sieve to drain out the oil..
- Boil the chicken with royal spice,salt,stock cubes,onion.parboil rice for 15minutes and wash..
- Fry in veg oil tomato paste,curry,salt,royal spice,onion,fresh pepper,then pour in the parboiled rice..
- Boil till is done.dice the carrots and pour in with the green pepper stir and serve with chicken and fried plantain..
This involves frying plantain in vegetable oil, or butter, until the plantain is yellow or golden brown in colour. Another popular way of cooking plantain is with rice. Repeat until all plantain slices are cooked. Arrange plantain slices on top of Jollof rice in a bowl. Combine fresh tomatoes, fresh pepper, red bell peppers, tomato paste, ginger, garlic and onions in a blender or food processor.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…