Texas Caviar. Directions Combine the vinegar, oil, water, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. This is a yummy Texas caviar made with black beans and pinto beans instead of black-eyed peas. Serve with scoop-style tortilla chips as a great party appetizer.
Marinated in garlic-and-onion vinaigrette, they were a huge hit and were later christened "Texas Caviar." Directions. In a large bowl, combine the peas, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing, lime juice, salt and pepper. You can have Texas Caviar using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Texas Caviar
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare of veggies.
- You need 1 can of Black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of White shoepeg corn.
- Prepare 1 small of jar pimentos.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Celery finely chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Purple onion finely chopped.
- You need 6 of Jalapeño finely chopped.
Directions Combine the black-eyed peas, red onions, parsley, vinegar, oil, garlic, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and hot sauce in a bowl. Texas caviar (also called "cowboy caviar") is a cold black-eyed pea salad, with chiles, onions, and bell peppers that doubles as a dip for tortilla chips. Texas caviar is named for its birthplace: Texas! She first served it on New Year's Eve at a country club (perhaps because black eyed peas are known as a lucky New Year's Eve food).
Texas Caviar step by step
- For the marinade mix all ingredients in sauce pan, mixing frequently bring to a boil, remove from burner and let cool..
- Drain and rinse beans well. Drain corn and pimentos. In a large bowl add ALL veggies, pour marinade over veggies, mix well. Refrigerate for 24 hours..
- Drain a spoonful at a time, this can be kept up to 2 months as long as it's in the marinade..
- Serve with scoops (or any type or corn chip). We just started putting a spoonful on top of a salad. So delish!!!!.
- I always make this for parties everyone loves it!!! And I double the batch. People eat it like they've never eaten before!.
When she later served it at a Texas hotel, it was dubbed "Texas caviar" as a play on the real. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve with tortilla chips, on top of burgers/sandwiches or crostini, or on the side of your favorite grilled meats and fish. Cowboy Caviar, also known as "Texas caviar," is a salsa appetizer. It's like a Pico De Gallo salsa, but more exciting because it's beefed up with beans, avocado, and corn.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…