Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message.
You can have Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message
- You need 1 1/2 of rice cooker cups Sushi rice.
- It’s 1 of Cheap salted salmon.
- Prepare 3 of For the scrambled eggs: Eggs.
- It’s 1 of For the scrambled eggs: Milk.
- It’s 1 of Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 8 of to 9 pieces For decoration: Smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1/4 of is enough For decoration: Daikon radish.
- Prepare 1 of to use as "leaves" For decoration: Snow peas.
- It’s 2 of For decoration: Quail eggs.
- You need 1 dash of For decoration: Potato salad.
- You need 5 cm of is enough For decoration: Lotus root.
- It’s 1 dash of For decoration: Salmon caviar (ikura).
Two-Layer Sushi Cake For Celebrations with a Message step by step
- The sushi rice: Cook the rice, mix with sushi vinegar while it's still hot and set aside to let cool..
- Prepare the additional ingredients: Either grill or microwave a piece of salted salmon to cook it through. You can put it in the rice cooker and cook it along with the rice and take it out when both are done if you like..
- Mix the eggs and milk together, and make finely scrambled eggs (iri tamago) using just a little oil. You can cook it in a nonstick frying pan without any oil instead..
- Using two different sized molds or bowls or cups etc. for the cake, pack with the scrambled eggs → sushi rice → nori seaweed → sushi rice → cooked flaked salmon → sushi rice, in that order..
- Invert the two packed molds to form two layers. Place the smaller "cake" on the very edge of the bigger "cake"..
- Decorate: Slice the daikon radish thinly, sprinkle with salt and massage it in to tenderize it. Cut a slice for the cake message and leave it to soak for a while in sushi vinegar..
- Cut the smoked salmon into 5 to 6 cm pieces. Layer and roll them up into rose shapes. Spread out the outer 'petals' to make them look extra-voluminous..
- Roll the thinly sliced and salted daikon radish to make rosebuds. If the daikon radish is too thick or not squeezed out tightly enough it will be hard to roll!.
- Microwave the snow peas, slice in half diagonally and use as "leaves" around the roses..
- Make the mashed potatoes. Cook potatoes in the microwave and mash them up. Add salt, mayonnaise, milk, and a tiny bit of butter, and pass the mixture through a sieve..
- After passing the mashed potato mixture through a sieve, add some milk so that it's the consistency of cream. Put the potato-cream in a piping bag fitted with an icing tip and decorate the cake with it..
- Make the "lace" for the cake. Slice the lotus root thinly, cook in the microwave and sprinkle with salt. Put the slices around the cake..
- Cut the quail egg face parts out of nori seaweed using scissors or a nori punch (used for bentos). Cut letters out for the daikon radish plaque. If you moisten the surface of the eggs and daikon radish slightly it's easier to stick on the nori..
- *Add color to the quail egg faces with a little red food coloring dissolved in water or ketchup, using the tip of a toothpick. *I scattered on some salmon caviar too, but I forgot to take a photo of it..
- *Use a clear glass plate or a plate that's not white under the sushi cake. The lotus root "lace" will stand out better..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…