You can cook Chicken Cutlets using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cutlets
- You need 1 lb. of thin sliced boneless breast of chicken.
- You need 3 cups of Italian style breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 of raw eggs.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of vegetable oil. I would not recommend olive oil because due to the amount needed for frying, it can be very expensive.
Chicken Cutlets instructions
- Using a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast to as thin as possible. I like to cover the chicken with plastic wrap while pounding to avoid splashing..
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl and dip each piece of chicken in the egg..
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Dip each egg coated piece of chicken into the breadcrumb mixture and coat well..
- Heat about half the oil in a frying pan on high heat. Make sure the oil is really hot before placing the cutlets in. Once oil is hot, lower heat to med-hi and then add the cutlets. Do not overcrowd the pan; do not overlap pieces. This may need to be done in more than one batch. Fry about 2 minutes on each side, turning cutlets once..
- Add more oil for the second batch, if necessary. The breadcrumbs tend to sop up the oil and you may need to replenish it. Again, wait until oil is really hot..
- Place finished cutlets on a plate, layered with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve immediately..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…