You can cook Royal Icing using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Royal Icing
- It’s 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1.5 lb of icing sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 2-3 of teaspons lemon juice, strained.
- It’s 1-1.5 teaspoons of glycerine (optional).
Royal Icing instructions
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy, then gradually beat in half the icing sugar..
- Add the lemon juice and glycerine and gradually beat in the remaining icing sugar, beating thoroughly after each addition to ensure a white icing, until the icing stands in soft peaks. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or transfer to an airtight container and leave for 1-2 hours to allow any air bubbles to come to the surface..
- You can flat-ice your cake or be creative using a palette knife. Or a combination of both! If using with marzipan underneath the icing, use leftover bits of marzipan to decorate the cake..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…