You can have Duck Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Duck Soup
- You need 4 lb of Duck.
- It’s 1/4 oz of Dried black Chinese mushroom.
- Prepare 1 oz of Dried shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Bean curd with taro.
- Prepare 1 1/4 oz of Bean curd thread.
- Prepare 1 lb of Chinese cabbage.
- Prepare 1 pinch of White pepper powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Ground star aniseed powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 each of Boiled royal bamboo shoot.
Duck Soup step by step
- Remove the neck and any excess fat from the duck. Place in slow cooker and add spices. Fill with enough water to cover the duck..
- After two hours, remove any fat that is on the surface and add the bean curd knots and mushrooms..
- Once the internal temperature reaches 165 F, add the cabbage sliced bamboo shoot and rice noodles. Continue cooking until cabbage and noodles are tender..
- Serve over brown rice. For a prettier presentation you can sear the duck before adding to slow cooker..
- You can cook the duck with or without skin. If you choose to leave skin on, prick all over with a fork and then add the seasonings..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…