Ladybirds Home Made Icing (Fondant).
You can have Ladybirds Home Made Icing (Fondant) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Home Made Icing (Fondant)
- Prepare 3 tsp of powder gelatine.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of glucose syrup.
- You need 2 tsp of glycerine.
- You need 500 grams of pure icing sugar (royal icing) (confectioners) sugar.
Ladybirds Home Made Icing (Fondant) step by step
- Combine the gelatine powder , the water , the glucose and the glycerine into a small saucepan and place over medium , stirring , without boiling , until the gelatine is dissolved . Then remove from the heat and cool till the liquid is barely warm ..
- Meanwhile , finely rift the icing sugar into a medium bowl , and add the warm prepared liquid is, and st.s until mixture becomes to stiff to stir ..
- Once mixture becomes to stiff to stir , use your hands (clean hands) to work the ingredients into a ball , then turn the icing onto a lightly sifted icing sugar dusted surface and knead the icing until smooth ..
- Once smooth ,enclose the prepared icing into plastic wrap to keep airtight . Keep icing at a cool room temp for 2 days , or in the fridge for 1 week , it can also be kept frozen for 3 months – just thaw in the fridge overnight . And before use , after any storage , knead the icing on a lightly cornfloured surface to return it to it's correct consistency ..
- Best to use jell food colouring to change the colour to what you with , just add a couple drops and knead it into the icing before use ..
- Use on cakes or for cake decorating . Enjoy . :-).
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…