Vanilla slices. A vanilla slice is a type of pastry. It consists of a thick custard, which is traditionally flavoured with vanilla or chocolate, and which is sandwiched between flaky puff pastry or filo pastry and iced with either vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, raspberry or passion fruit icing. Very easy to follow vanilla custard slice recipe with a "how to" step by step guide to making the perfect creme patissiere.
Vanilla slice seems to be one of those bakery goodies that's always bought and never made. You'll be surprised how easy it is to make, though. and how utterly delicious it is when you do. Sandwich creamy vanilla custard between two layers of crisp puff pastry in these golden slices. You can have Vanilla slices using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla slices
- You need 2 of sheets of ready to role puff pastry.
- Prepare of wipped cream.
- You need 1 cup of whipped cream.
- Prepare 50 grams of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of for filling.
- Prepare 50 grams of jam.
- You need 1 of some melted chocolate.
- Prepare 1 of royal icing.
A luxurious patisserie addition to an afternoon tea. French Vanilla Slices are called 'Mille-feuilles' and are made with puff pastry sandwiched together with jam, cream, or confectioners' custard. They can be dusted with confectioners' sugar or iced with a. We're paying tribute to one of New Zealand's signature desserts: the Vanilla Slice.
Vanilla slices step by step
- put your two sheets of puff pastry in the oven at 180°.
- to make ur whipped cream put your whipped cream in a bowl with your icing sugar and extract.
- when your puff pastry is out of the oven and cooled cut it up into little rectangles all the same size then put ur whipped cream and jam on top of half of the pasteys and then jam.
- mix ur icing sugar with some water and then poor on top,of ur slices then drizzle the melted chocolate over and tada! all ready for u to eat! enjoy.
It's made up of a layer of vanilla bean-speckled pastry cream sandwiched between crunchy layers of puff pastry. Vanilla Slices are also called Custard Slice, Millefeuille, Napoleon, gosh, the list is endless. Typically, there should be three layers of puff pastry and then in between, there would be pastry cream, whipped. Vanilla Custard Slice – delicious, soft, creamy and so simple dessert! Vanilla Custard Slice is definitely Love at Creamy and delicious cake and very quick and easy to make is this Vanilla Custard Slice.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…