Almond Cookies with royal icing.
You can have Almond Cookies with royal icing using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Cookies with royal icing
- Prepare 6 of cups.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond flavor.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of For the royal icing.
- You need 2 cup of powdered sugar (icing sugar).
- You need 2 of egg white.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
Almond Cookies with royal icing instructions
- Mix sugar+butter+eggs +flavor till well mixed..
- Add flour + baking powder and salt. Then pour in the above batter and mix into a dough…keep in fridge for 1 hour.
- Flour your working surface and roll the dough and cut into desired shape.
- Preheat oven for 10 min on moderate heat and bake for 10-13 min.
- I was able to get like 50 pieces of cookies💃🏻💃🏻.
- For the royal icing place the egg white on a double boiler(placing a pot with water on low heat, then place another pan with the egg white inside the pot of water), whisk the eggs till it gets warm, then you are done.(Essence of puting the eggs on a double boiler is to suppress that raw taste of eggs and it is also safer to eat).
- Then in a mixer add powdered sugar+ egg white + cinnamon and mix till light and fluffy.
- Then portioned into 3 colours.
- If you are not using immediately then cover with plastic, let the plastic touch the surface of the icing to prevent drying till ready to use.
- When your cookies are completely cool then use kitchen brush and apply your icing using different colors and designs, I use sprinkles also.
- So delish🤗.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…