Royal Korma: (Shahi Korma).
You can have Royal Korma: (Shahi Korma) using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Royal Korma: (Shahi Korma)
- It’s 5 of 🌻for marination :.
- It’s 500 grams of mutton or lamb.
- You need 1 cup of yogurt thick.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ginger & garlic paste.
- You need of salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of red chili powder or to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of red Kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of coriander powder or ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder 1 green chili paste or slit.
- You need 4 of 🌻Whole spices :.
- Prepare 4-6 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 inch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 6 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 2 of small black cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare of 🌻Other ingredients:.
- It’s 3 of medium onions thinly sliced or use 1 cup fried onions.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of ghee or clarified butter or oil.
- You need 2 cups of water Use more if needed.
- You need 1 strand of mace.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of kewra water (1/4 tsp cardamom powder).
Royal Korma: (Shahi Korma) step by step
- 🌻Marination for korma: Wash the lamb / mutton well and drain the water. Put it in a a bowl for marination. Next transfer all the marinations ingredients in bowl Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, salt and yogurt. Mix all of these and cover it. Keep this for marination for at least 2 hours to overnight in fridge..
- 🌻How to make lamb / mutton korma: Heat ghee or oil in a wide heavy bottom pan or pot. Separate the layers of onions and slide them to the hot oil. Fry them until deep golden stirring often. The onions must be browned without burning. This may take about 8 to 10 mins. Cool these completely and pulse them coarsely in a blender. Do not over blend as they begin to release lot of oil. Set this aside..
- To the same pan, add the hole spices stir few seconds then add lamb / mutton marinade and mix it. Begin to saute on a medium heat for about 10 mins. Yogurt and lamb lets out lot of moisture fry 10 mins. Cover and let the meat cook in this for 30 mins. After 30 minutes of cooking the meat add the crushed fried brown onions..
- Pour 2 cups water and mix well. Cook covered until meat turns slightly tender stirring occasionally. This may take about 1 hour or more. Add mace & nutmeg powder at this stage. Continue to cook until the meat falls off the bone easily. Add kewra water at this stage. Mix and turn off the stove. Allow lamb / mutton korma to rest at least for a hour to absorb the flavors. Serve with naan, roti, paratha, rice, or pulao..
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…