Wheat Flour Cookies with Royal Icing.
You can have Wheat Flour Cookies with Royal Icing using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wheat Flour Cookies with Royal Icing
- You need of For Cookies.
- Prepare 200 gm of whole wheat flour.
- You need 110 gm of salted butter.
- Prepare 40 gm of brown sugar or as per taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of chilled milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of For Royal Icing.
- You need 1 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of corn syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need as needed of Food colour of your choice.
Wheat Flour Cookies with Royal Icing step by step
- In a bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cardamom powder. Keep aside. Add butter and brown sugar and whishk it till fluffy and smooth. Now add dry ingredients into it and mix it well..
- Add cold milk to the mixture. Knead lightly to form a dough. Do not over knead. Dust some flour on the countertop.Using a rolling pin roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter cut out the cookies in square shape.Roll again the remaining dough and cut out the square shape cookies. Arrange the biscuits on a prepared baking tray. Bake them in a preheated oven at 160°C for 20-25 minutes or till they are light brown in color. Let them cool on a wire rack..
- Now we gonna make Royal Icing. For that add icing sugar in a bowl then add all ingredients of Royal Icing section one by one and mix it calmly. If you feel your icing is more thick add little more corn syrup in it and mix it well. Make sure that it's not too runny..
- Separate the icing in different bowl add your choice of color in it and then pour it into a piping bag and tie a knot on the edge of piping bag..
- Then decorate your biscuits and cookies of your choice. Allow to set Royal Icing for an hour..
- After that store in airtight cookie tins as it is or serve it. Enjoy!.
I love Cooking… I am Professional Chef…